We’ve got big news at OTB: We’re legit!
We’re now an official 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, a ruling that means exciting things for us.
2015 has been a big year.
- Our online archive is up and running, with a smoother interface and uploading process.
- We kicked off LifeWords Reading Circles at Sherrill Hills Retirement Community. This lifelong learning pilot program helps older adults stay cognitively fit and socially active through the discussion and performance of literature. Even better, we’re adding an additional site – at Knox. Co.’s Strang Senior Center – in January. Our goal is to make the program available to all area senior centers by 2017.
- We’re partnering with Knoxville’s own I.N.K. Spoken Word Poetry to bring performance workshops to area students.
We’re hoping you’ll help make 2016 even better!
This Tuesday – December 1st – is #GivingTuesday, a day when communities “come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.”
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to help fuel our mission. Your contribution would
- help us expand our LifeWords Reading Circles program and keep it free for Knoxville’s older adults;
- make possible future collaborations with performance poets and area schools during students’ preparation for the Poetry Out Loud competition;
- provided necessary funds for grants and foundations that require matching;
- allow us maintain and promote our online archive of recitations
We believe in the power of literature, in its ability to help us make sense of ourselves and the world around us. This belief, this passion, sits at the heart of each OTB initiative, and we hope you’ll help us continue to make it manifest.
To make your tax-deductible donation, click the yellow “Donate” button at the top-right corner of the page. Many, many thanks.